Darin is a registered patent attorney, focusing on the procurement, development, and management of patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property. He has represented clients in a wide variety of industries and across a diverse spectrum of technologies, including medical devices, consumer products, software, energy, and aerospace systems.
Before attending law school, Darin was a senior guidance and navigation engineer on a missile intercept system and a structural dynamics engineer on the Mir and International Space Station programs.
His practice includes:
- Developing patent portfolios based on internal invention programs and external development programs.
- Counseling clients regarding the development of intellectual property programs.
- Conducting audits and valuations of intellectual property portfolios for technology licensing and transfer transactions.
- Counseling emerging technology companies regarding the strategic creation, exploitation and management of intellectual property assets.
- Preparing patent infringement and validity opinions.
- Advising clients regarding intellectual property disputes.
- Juris Doctor, Southern Methodist University, 2003
- Computer Law Review & Technology Journal
- Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering, cum laude, University of Texas, 1997
- College Scholar
- College of Engineering Honor Roll
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office